Daleview Pool, located at 901 Daleview Dr., one of the MCSL charter member clubs, is seeking a head coach for their long-standing Masters program. Daleview Masters is a USMS registered club and prior to restrictions boasted a roster of more than 100 athletes! See below for the job description, to apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and two sample workouts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications received by 4/22 will receive full consideration. Later applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Daleview Masters Head Coach
Time Commitment: 6 hours of coaching + additional time for planning/managing coaching staff, depending on enrollment. Ideally, the head coach and an assistant coach would attend each practice.
Practices run Memorial Day through Labor Day (14 weeks):
- Tuesday 6-7am
- Tuesday 9-10pm
- Thursday 6-7am
- Thursday 9-10pm
- Sunday 8-9am
- Sunday 9-10am
The head coach for the Masters program at Daleview will strive to follow the stated goals of
United States Masters member teams. Among them, the successful candidate must:
- Possess strong knowledge of stroke technique and mechanics, drills and must understand training cycles and season planning.
- Structure practices and tailor cohesive workouts for all adult (18+) Masters participants, including competitive swimmers, those seeking to improve fitness, triathletes/open water enthusiasts and beginners (defined as being able to swim a length of the pool without stopping and interested in learning strokes).
- Run a program that is welcoming to all adult swimmers regardless of ability level.
- Select and manage a coaching staff to take an interest in each swimmer, helping them to set goals and offer motivation.
- Maintain a standard of excellence in all tasks.
- Arrive 15 minutes before start time for all practices (on the clock) to prepare the pool (e.g., install lane ropes, remove ladders).
- Communicate the workout clearly and be engaged with swimmers throughout.
- Post workouts on Masters-related social media.
- Make it fun! Plan and implement friendly relays/races for those interested. Work on starts/turns for those interested.
- Be a USA Swimming certified coach with experience in adult stroke instruction
- Have 3+ years experience coaching adult swimmers
- Be a certified lifeguard
- Have CPR & First Aid certification
- Be an effective communicator in person and online
Pay – commensurate with experience; will be compensated for time spent in preparation.