Summer League

Home Forums Summer League Exchange Summer League

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Murray

What are people going to do

#11611 Reply
    RFTW editor
    Keymaster

We hope pools are able to open by June 8!

#11612 Reply
    Anthony Murray

Calverton Swim Team is hoping you run some sort of practices this summer with the goal of having some sort of a concluding meet. Maybe have a virtual meet with another pool or pools.

This is all based on interests from our members and how we can run workouts.

#11613 Reply
    Ryan Burnsky

Tanterra was thinking of doing a “swim camp” or swim clinics. Depending on what restrictions are in place will guide our final plan of action. But from what I am hearing, pools will operate anywhere from 25-50% capacity which I assume we would need to enforce at practices as well.

To organize, we attempt to keep the same practice times (7:30-10:30) and have swimmers sign up (via signup genius or whatever). Each swimming could max out at 4 practices a week to create opportunity for everyone to get into practices. This would also depend in the size of the team/participation. We would have 4 or 5 45 min stations separated by age group And have a swim session, dryland, yoga/stretching, and meditation/mindfulness (especially for the 8 & unders…all subject to be flexible given the circumstances)

This is just an idea. Obviously we need to flexible and adaptable to our specifec team needs.

I am very excited to see what other teams/coaches come up with.

#11636 Reply
    Jenni Halem

Clarksburg Village is rolling on with a virtual summer team. We will have weekly activities such as…car wash, chalk the sidewalks with positive messages, community clean up, scavenger hunts, trivia/bingo via zoom, and dying t-shirts just to name a few. My assistant and I will meet with very small groups outside to teach some new cheers so the swimmers can safely see each other for a few minutes at least. We are still working out the details and plan to go with the flow and wing it so to speak. Our hope is to use this circumstance to reinforce the idea that summer swim team is a community activity and also help to foster the spirit of “there’s so much more to summer swim than just swim/competition”
    Should the pools open we plan to hold small group swim clinics. The swimmers would have to sign up for a practice in advance to hold the numbers low. We were hoping they could get 2-3 practices per week but a lot will depend on the restrictions as well as the number of swimmers who sign up.

#11641 Reply
    RFTW editor
    Keymaster

Great ideas to keep the community engaged, please send updates and/or pictures, would love to see some smiling swimmer faces!

#11644 Reply
    Ryan Burnsky
    #11781 Reply
    Peggy Metzger

New Mark Commons re-started our swim team on Sunday, June 21st. We have the team practicing on a rotating basis – one swimmer per lane. We hope to do a number of social events and would love to have a virtual meet with any teams in operation this summer. If you team would be interested in having virtual meet, please send me an email to nmcswimteam@gmail.com

#11784 Reply
    RFTW editor
    Keymaster

Awesome! Hope other teams join in!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Summer League
Your information: