Sat, 7-16-2016 | Paul Parry
Johnny Bradshaw of Hamlet crushed the 11-12 Boys 50m Breast NVSL record, touching in 33.07, more than a second faster than Adi Kambhampaty’s 34.21 set in 2014.
Also today, Tommy Hallock from Fox Mill Woods broke not one, but two league records at the 25 yard pool at Holmes Run Acres. Read our previous article about Tommy’s record breaking swims.
Fri, 7-15-2016 | Paul Parry
The rains held off on Wednesday night in NoVA, and the relay teams took advantage with some fantastic record-breaking swims.
At the Division 1 Carnival at Chesterbrook, five NVSL records were set:
1) The Highlands Swim Mixed Age Girls 200m Free Relay (Bridget O’Shaughnessy, Courtney Watts, Allison Martin, and Xenia de Cazotte) touched in 1:55.09 . The previous record was 1:56.80 held by McLean from last year.
2) The Overlee 15-18 Girls 200m Medley Relay (Suzanne Dolan, Kayle Park, Ellie Ridgeway, and Katherine Lundy) finished in 2:00.21, crushing the old record of 2:01.23 set by Orange Hunt last year.
3) The Chesterbrook 13-14 Boys 200m Free Relay (Ollie Bernasek, Andrew Bernstein, Nick Spicer, and Adi Kambhampaty) swam a 1:44.09, beating the previous record of 1:44.40 held by Fairfax since last July.
4) The Overlee 15-18 Girls 200m Free Relay doubled up their Medley record by touching in 1:49.44, destroying the old record of 1:51:22 set by Donaldson Run back in 2006.
5) The Overlee 15-18 Boys 200m Free Relay (Sam Ellison, Jonathan Day, Nick Pasternak, and Ryan Baker) followed up a couple minutes after the Overlee Girls, finishing the meet with a 1:37.73, breaking the previous record of 1:37.92 set by Highlands Swim in 2009.
At the Division 3 Carnival at Lee Graham, the 11-12 Fairfax Boys (Justin Singletary, Justin Connors, Christopher Dobrydney and Graham Evers) also had a record-breaking double, finishing the 100m Medley in 59.18 and the 100m Free in 53.83. The old records were 59.76 and 54.43 set by Chesterbrook in 2012 and 2014, respectively.
Congrats to Johnny, Tommy, and all the other record breakers from Reach For The Wall!