PVS Junior Olympic Championships: Quick Wrap-Up
By Reach for the Wall staff.
The University of Maryland hosted the PVS 2017 Short Course 14 & Under Junior Olympic Championships (March 9-12) this past weekend, concluding the last of the winter, short course championship meets within the PVS region.
Below are results and news from this year’s JO’s.
- RFTW Online Results
- PDF Results
- Meet Mobile results – Search term: “2017 PV 14&U Junior Olympic Championships”
- 10 & under
- Emma Redman (FISH)
- Adriano Arioti (RMSC)
- Carly Sebring (NCAP) & Kate Hallmark (NCAP)
- Aiken Do (FISH) & Cole Greenberg (NCAP)
- Chase Travis (NCAP)
- Brett Feyerick (NCAP)
The records that fell this past weekend include the following:
- National Age Group Record
- Erin Gemmell, Mikayla Moore, Hallmark and Sebring broke the National Age Group Record (and PVS Resident and Open Records) in the 11-12 Girls 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:38.61, beating the previous NAG record of 1:38.97 set by another NCAP team (Abby Harter, Sophia Landeryou, Maya Fischer and Allison Kopac) in 2014. See SwimSwam article here and SwimmingWorld article below.
NCAP Girls Down 11-12 200 Free Relay NAG Record https://t.co/TYXX1plVqt pic.twitter.com/7bTjYLRzVw
— Swimming World (@SwimmingWorld) March 11, 2017
- PVS Records
- Individual Events
- Aiken Do (FISH) went a 28.26 to establish a new PVS Resident Record in the Boys 11-12 50 Breast, and a 1:02.04 to break the PVS Resident Record in the Boys 11-12 100 Breast.
- Andrew Eliason (Machine) set a new PVS Resident Record with a 24.82 in the Boys 11-12 50 Fly.
- Greenberg broke the PVS Resident Record (and lowered his own PVS Open Record) in the Boys 11-12 500 Freestyle, with a time of 4:50.61.
- Feyerick established new PVS Resident and Open Records in the Boys 13-14 100 Backstroke with a time of 50.50.
- Anna Keating (Machine) went a 1:02.51 in the Girls 13-14 100 Breaststroke to tie the PVS Resident Record that Sarah Haase set in 2009.
- Emma Redman (FISH) swam a 33.34 to set new PVS Resident and Open Records in the Girls 10 & Under 50 Breaststroke.
- Margaret Shi, Gemmell, Hallmark and Sebring broke a PVS Resident Record in the Girls 11-12 400 Free Relay with a time of 3:36.44.
- Jordan Durocher (Fly), Gemmell (Free), Hallmark (Back) and Sebring (Breast) bested the PVS Resident Record in the Girls 11-12 400 Medley Relay with a time of 4:03.80.
- In the Boys 11-12 200 Free Relay, Landon Gentry, Brock Ittig, Matthew Pianoto and Greenberg went 1:35.15 to break the PVS Resident and Open Records.
- Nicholas Arndt, Matthew Hartshorn, Gentry and Greenberg went 3:30.27 to take down the PVS Resident and Open Records in their Boys 11-12 400 Free Relay.
- David Fitch, Leo Goldblatt, Harrison Jones and Feyerick set new PVS Resident and Open Records in the Boys 13-14 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:28.79.
- Hayes Goetcheus, Josh Wolfson, Feyerick and Goldblatt also set a new PVS Resident Record in the Boy’s 13-14 200 Medley Relay with a time of 1:38.01.
- Individual Events
Although the last of the winter, short course championship meets in the PVS region has concluded, the championship meets outside of PVS begin this week, starting with two Junior National meets in Florida (i.e., 2017 NCSA Swimming Championships (March 14-18) and 2017 NASA / ISCA Junior National Cup (March 21-25)), followed by Sectionals, Zones and “national” age group championship meets later this month and in early April. In addition, the 2017 Division I Women’s NCAA Championships begin this week (March 15-18), followed by the 2017 Division I Men’s NCAA Championships next week (March 22-25).
2 thoughts on “PVS Junior Olympic Championships: Quick Wrap-Up”
Please lookup Aiken Do (11-12 yr old boy). He was co-High Point for his age group and I believe he set 2-3 PVS records during the meet.
Fixed. Thanks Terry.