The ‘daily dryland’: Ideas to stay active while at home
By Reach for the Wall staff
Today’s edition comes from All Star Aquatics coaches Drew Fisher and Mallory Remick. This workout is geared toward 11-14 yr old swimmers and can be adapted for ages below (reduce time for each exercise to 30 seconds total, 15 work/15 rest) and ages 15 and above (increase time to 1:45, 90 work/15 rest).
2 rounds of each circuit with 1:00 rest between rounds and circuits
Circuit 1 (45 seconds of work, 15 seconds rest):
- Forward Lunge right leg
- Forward lunge left leg
- Dead bugs – alternating right and left side
- Plank pushups (start on forearms. Up to hands. Down to forearms)
- Squat hold
Circuit 2 (45 seconds of work, 15 seconds rest):
- Burpee with push-up – doesn’t have to be fast. Focus on form
- Right side plank (last 10 seconds do hip dips)
- Left side plank (last 10 seconds do hip dips)
- Suitcase sit-ups
- Squat jumps
Circuit 3 (45 seconds of work, 15 seconds rest):
- alternating side lunges
- Plank jacks (if they want – can put a towel under feet and use that to slide feet in and out instead of doing the jack)
- Squat hold
Thanks Drew and Mallory!
If you would like to share your ideas send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
One thought on “The ‘daily dryland’: Ideas to stay active while at home”
Great job, Drew & Mal!