By Reach for the Wall Staff
During the month of October, PVS clubs hosted or attended 15 meets across the DMV- most of them competed in an Intrasquad format to keep the number of participants low and manageable. We had the opportunity to watch a number of the meets via the host team’s FaceBook livestream & loved seeing the competitiveness and sportsmanship shine through all the restrictions. We took a look at the results from these meets and put together the October ‘Top 10’. We’re trying something new with the embedded excel spreadsheet which is segmented into two Tabs- Men & Women. Within the tabs, you can filter on any of the headings to see the desired results: Event, Rank, Time, Name, Team, Date, and Meet. Let us know if there are any issues with this feature.
We also saw that PVS posted the PVS 18 & Under Winter Championship meet announcement this week. The meet will be held December 3-6 at the Claude Moore Recreation Center. The event schedule included in the announcement:
Other notable details include:
- All events are prelims/finals, except for the 1000yd and 1650yd Freestyle events which are timed finals,
- A swimmer may enter a maximum of 6 events and no more than 3 events per day,
- Each session will be limited to 110 swimmers.
- The number of coaches allowed per team will be limited based on entries. A maximum of 35 coaches will be permitted in any session.
- Competition will be live-streamed on the PVS Facebook page
There’s already 7 meets on the schedule for November & we expect that will increase as the deadline approaches for entries to the 18 & Under Championship meet. Good luck to all the athletes & continue to follow the protocols to stay safe!