USA Swimming Club Excellence: 4 PVS Clubs Make the List
By Reach for the Wall Staff
USA Swimming, the National Governing Body for the sport of swimming, announced 200 clubs will be recognized as Gold, Silver or Bronze medal clubs in the 2022-2023 Club Excellence Program.
Below are the 4 PVS teams that USA Swimming recognized under the Club Excellence Program. Congratulations on this awesome achievement!
Gold Medal Level (20 Clubs)
- Nation’s Capital Swim Club ( 43,194 points, 4th overall)
Silver Medal Level (80 Clubs)
- Arlington Aquatic Club ( 15,760)
- Rockville-Montgomery Swim Club (15,141 points)
Bronze Medal Level (100 Clubs)
- Machine Aquatics (3,620 points)
Full Results: 2022-2023 Results
In conjunction with the USA Swimming Club Excellence program, USA Swimming will honor 10 clubs as 2023 Podium Clubs. To qualify for Podium Club, a USA Swimming member club must achieve Gold Medal club status for four-consecutive years. Congratulations to the following clubs for being recognized this year as a Podium Club:
- SwimMAC Carolina
- TAC Titans
- Sandpipers of Nevada
- Nation’s Capital Swim Club
- Carmel Swim Club
- Dynamo Swim Club
- NOVA of Virginia Aquatics, Inc.
- Lakeside Swim Team
- Long Island Aquatic Club
Club Excellence Program Recognition Levels
Clubs may qualify for one of three levels of recognition:
• The top 20 point-scoring USA Swimming member clubs in 2023; and
• A minimum of one 18 & Under athlete from the club must achieve a Gold time standard.
• USA Swimming member clubs who do not achieve Gold status and rank in the top 21-100 point scores in 2023.
• At least one 18 & Under athlete registered with the club must achieve the Silver time standard.
• USA Swimming member clubs who do not achieve Gold or Silver status and rank in the top 101-200 point scores in 2023.
• At least one 18 & Under athlete registered with the club must achieve the Bronze time standard.
• Any club achieving the Gold Medal level for a fourth consecutive year will earn additional recognition by being named to the Podium Club.
Eligible athlete pool performances were achieved between September 1, 2021, through August 31, 2022. Open water eligible performances were taken from the 5-kilometer and 10K swims at the 2022 USA Swimming Open Water National Championships as well as the 5K and 7.5K at the 2022 USA Swimming Open Water Junior National Championships.
USA Swimming member clubs earn points based off athlete performance scores. Each team’s ranking score is based on the FINA Points table, a power point rating system that assigns point values to individual swimming performances based on the Gold, Silver or Bronze time standard.
Performance Scoring Information
Performance scoring for Club Excellence is an automated process and therefore does not require an
application. Each team’s total score will include all qualifying athletes who are registered to that specific USA Swimming member club on the date of the swim.
Only an athlete’s four highest scoring events (which equal or better these standards) will count toward the USA Swimming member club point score using the FINA Points Table, a power point rating system that assigns point values to swimming performances. Open Water events will count towards an athlete’s four scoring events.
World Record swims in the individual events listed in the time standard chart will be rewarded with an
additional 1,000 points per world record.
To be eligible to score points, athletes must achieve a Gold, Silver or Bronze standard as shown in the chart above. Points for Gold level swims will be multiplied by a factor of 2.0; points for Silver level swims will be increased by a factor of 1.5. All performances must be long course meters; no conversions accepted.
Now in its 23rd year, the program recognized USA Swimming member clubs for their commitment to athlete performance and excellence. The primary objectives of the program are to recognize and promote:
- The development of strong, well-rounded age group and senior swimming programs that produce elite 18-and-under athletes.
- Resources to motivate and assist USA Swimming member clubs to achieve the highest athlete performance ideals.
- Grant funding
- The USA Swimming club development system as an integral part in achieving excellence in the sport.