By Reach for the Wall staff.
To supplement the article, “Five Things to Consider about Swimming in College“, that we posted recently, check out the list of resources that USA Swimming’s Convention Education Committee compiled for coaches, athletes & parents on the process of becoming a college swimmer.
These USAS resources include an outline of the steps in the college recruiting process, a timeline for this process starting freshmen year in high school, sample questions to ask the coach, academic counselors, professors in fields of interest, and swimmers on the team, search tools to help athletes to identify the right school and to connect athletes and coaches (see here and here) and other tools from the NCAA and NAIA.
Also, below are some articles that cover various aspects of the college recruiting process:
- 15 Reasons Why College Swimming and Diving is a Great Experience
- Ever Wonder Why You Should Swim in College?
- Advice for the High School Swimmer Considering College
- Why Manners Matter for College Recruits
- The Secrets of College Recruiting
- 6 Things to Look at in a College Team During Recruitment
- 8 Things To Do After You Commit to College
- Dear College Freshmen
- 7 Pieces of Advice from Upperclassmen to College Freshmen
- The “5 Tool” Recruit