Day 3 – Women’s Division I NCAA Championships
By Reach for the Wall staff.
PVS swimmers continue to make a splash (ha!) on Day 3 of the 2017 Division I Women’s NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships (March 15-18) in Indianapolis, Indiana (IU Natatorium).
Stanford University, led by Katie Ledecky (Bethesda, Md / Stone Ridge) and Janet Hu (Vienna, Va / Oakton High School), has a huge 1st place lead (374.5 points) over the University of California at Berkeley (255 points) and Texas A&M (209 points). The University of Virginia, with help from Morgan Hill (Olney, MD / Sherwood High School), is in 13th place with 88 points, the University of North Carolina, led by Hellen Moffitt (Alexandria, Va / West Potomac High), is 17th with 53 points, and the University of Notre Dame, anchored by Catherine Mulquin (Laytonsville, MD / Our Lady of Good Counsel), is tied for 41st place.
In the big news of the day, Ledecky was supposed to battle her Stanford teammate, Simone Manuel, for the crown in the 200 free, but Louisville’s Mallory Comerford came off the last wall with a great turn and fought Ledecky to a tie with a 1:40.36. Manuel finished 3rd.
- Psych Sheet
- Live Results
- Prelims @ 10am (ET) each day
- Finals @ 6pm (ET) each day
- Digital Program
- Live Stream
- Wednesday Live Stream
- Thursday Live Stream
Day 3 Results of PVS Swimmers
Women 100 Fly
- 2nd place – Hellen Moffitt (UNC)
- 6th place – Janet Hu (Stanford)
Women 200 Free
- 1st place (tie) – Katie Ledecky (Stanford)
- 41st place – Morgan Hill (UVa)
- 52nd place – Megan Byrnes (Stanford University / Fairfax, VA / Oakton High School)
Women 100 Back
- 5th place – Janet Hu (Stanford)
- 8th place – Hellen Moffitt (UNC)
- 15th place – Catherine Mulquin (Notre Dame)
Women 200 Medley Relay
- 3rd place – Stanford Univ. (Ally Howe, Kim Williams, Janet Hu, Simone Manuel) 1:34.90
- 18th place – Univ. of Notre Dame (Catherine Mulquin, Meaghan O’Donnell, Nikki Smith, Mary Smith) 1:37.60
- 19th place – Univ. of North Carolina (Caroline Baldwin, Emily Pfeiffer, Hellen Moffitt, Sarah Hitchens) 1:37.61