By Reach for the Wall staff.
In this post, we are covering PVS action on Day 1 at both the 2017 Eastern Zone Southern Region Sectional Meet in Christiansburg, Virginia (March 30 – April 2) and the 2017 Speedo Sectional Championships in Buffalo, New York (March 30 – April 2).
At the long course Sectionals in Buffalo, Maddie Donohoe (FISH) is seeded 1st in 5 events (all 3 distance freestyle events, 200 backstroke and 200 free), and tonight she placed 1st in the first of those 5 events – 1500 Free – with a time of 16.59.84.
For those at either of the Sectional meets, please send pictures to email@example.com.
Key Meet Info
- 2017 Short Course Sectionals (South) – Christiansburg, VA
- 2017 Long Course Sectionals – Buffalo, NY
Below is a list of PVS swimmers who finished in the top 10 of their events at the Sectional meets:
Long Course Sectionals in Buffalo, NY
1500 Meter Free
- 1st place – Maddie Donohoe (FISH) 16.59.84
- 5th place – Natalia Rongione (FISH) 18:01.54
- 8th place – Keely Hemminger (FISH) 18.15.66
- 9th place – Hannah Sun (FISH) 18.20.04
800 Meter Free
- 3rd place – Mason Greenblatt (FISH) 8:50.32
- 9th place – Reese Fye (FISH) 9:04.78
Short Course Sectionals in Christiansburg, Va
1650 Meter Free
- 5th place – Shannon Campbell (NCAP) 17:18.34
- 10th place – Regan Holstein (NCAP) 17.36.67
1000 Meter Free
- 8th place – Leo Goldblatt (NCAP) 9:38.60